Home Health Guidelines
There are three questions to ask when determining if a patient meets Medicare’s homebound status criteria.
Are the patient’s absences from home:
- Short in duration?
- Requiring a taxing effort?
Examples of “infrequent /short in duration” absences:
- Medical Appointments
- Attending a religious service or funeral
- Occasional trip to the barber or salon
Examples of “taxing effort”:
- Requires the assistance of another person to leave the home
- May require the use of a cane, walker, or wheelchair
- Requires a high level of assistance in order to get into an automobile
Determining Your Eligibility
We accept a number of healthcare plans. To determine eligibility for home health care for yourself or a loved one, please call us at (559)432-2003. Please have relevant health information available, as well as the doctor’s name, address, and phone number.